What is Mental Health First Aider Training?
- MentaI Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
- MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
- You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
- You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups and more.
- What’s more you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
Please get in touch if you are interested in learning about Mental Health First Aider Training and how I can help.